Friday 28 December 2012

Boxing Day Baby Haul

So in my fifteen years of existence, not have I once went to a Boxing Day sale.

If you don't know what Boxing Day means for us Australians, it's basically one big after-Christmas sale that goes on for like two days. If you know where to look, you can find lots and lots of awesome things to buy.

I normally go shopping at outlets and haven't been to my local shopping centre since forever, so I'm generally one to flock to a sale and Boxing Day sales are definitely my kind of pie.

So my sister, my mother and I left for the city at like 10:30am and headed to the train station to catch a pretty packed train to Town Hall, which was also really really packed.

We walked for a bit, passing stores with queues and an actual pile of Myer bags with a tired-looking woman resting herself against it, and as soon I saw Lush, I literally went "mum, I'm going in".
I asked Lush two days before on whether they were having a sale and on Christmas night I found out it was 50% off on all their Christmas products.
So I went in and it was so so busy. I walked over to the bath bombs and picked out the last Golden Wonder (which I soon found out wasn't, but I took it anyway) and a Party Popper and made my way to the fairly long queue.
Because those were half price, I asked my sister to pick out something, preferably The Comforter, which was also on sale, but there was none left.
While I was waiting, one of my friends found me and we talked for a bit, Natasha Beddingfield's Unwritten played which made half of the store sing and I figured out why Lush QVB is always fun to go to.
I figured out that the Popcorn lip scrub was on sale, which was what I was going to buy the week before, and bought it.
So all in all, I spent $11, which would have been $22 if it wasn't for the sale.

After that, we made our way to Myer which we knew was going to be crazy busy, and it lived up to its expectation.
I can't fathom how packed Pitt St, let alone Myer was. It took us 10 minutes to get onto the escalator that leads up next to MAC and took us another 20 minutes to get to the escalator to get to level 2.
I needed to get to level 4.
That journey alone took another 15-20 minutes, which wasn't bad comparing it to entering the actual store/touching first base.

Once I got to level 4, I made my way to what I needed.
The American Apparel Easy Jean.
I literally picked out a black pair in extra small and held it and didn't let go. I kind of wanted a pair in indigo, but they didn't stock my size.
Buying my jeans took another 25 minutes and once we got out of Myer, we made our way to 1D World which we didn't buy anything at because everything there was pretty much a rip off and it wasn't as exciting looking as the NYC store.

We spent the rest of the day at Market City, shopping and having Chinese for lunch.

It was a good day nonetheless.



Here is my haul!

American Apparel Easy Jeans, Popcorn lip scrub, Golden Wonder ballistic and Party Popper ballistic from Lush.
$92 from Myer, saved $24. These jeans actually fit really nicely and are really flattering, but as I'm kind of short, it does bunch up at the end.
 Finally.
$5 from Lush, $5 saving. I'm not actually kidding this tastes like popcorn and it's so beautiful.
$3.50 from Lush, $3.50 saving. It actually rattles. There's actually something inside it. Oh my god.
$3 from Lush, $3 saving. Party in my bathtub soon. Woo!




That was my day and my baby haul.
I hope you guys got some great things from after-Christmas/Boxing Day sales! I think that some of the stores are still doing sales, I know Lush are still 50% on Christmas products until they go out of stock.

Ciao!
- Yasmin x

P.S. Digital camera quality. Sorry! 

No comments:

Post a Comment